From my small studio in Dartmoor, I busily hand print my own fabric designs onto 100% cotton and sew them into unique home accessories and gifts.
My fabric designs are inspired from my surrounding Devonshire countryside and are quirkily named to form six collections.
- Bee Loved (inspired by my beekeeping dad)
- Feurs Garden (named after the little lady who loves exploring my cottage garden)
- Orchard Blossom (mixing my grandads scrumping tales and my love of spring)
- Dandy Hop (the countryside wouldn’t be the same without them)
- Old Time Country Mice (Little friends living life the old fashioned way)
- Woodland Prickles (Our prickly friends from the woodlands of Devon)
I hope you enjoy my products, I certainly enjoy making them.
I love watching my fabric ideas evolve into their final products. The process starts with rough drawings in my notebook that I then carve out of lino to create individual stamps. These stamps are then repeatedly used to create the overall fabric design. I love experimenting with adding colours at this stage, transforming the plain white cotton and seeing my fabric ideas come to life. The process that I use to make my fabrics and the fact that a stamp rarely prints the same way twice is what makes every finished item unique and individual. I even print my labels to bring that extra touch of handmade love to every one of my hand sewn finished products.
Handmade in Devon